Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Photo Sarfari

Autumn- as daylight declines, and the foliage changes, I finally have an excuse to bust out my extensive, albeit lumpy, sweater collection. This year at 8:13 p.m. PST on Sept. 22nd, the earth was neither tilted toward or away from the sun, signifying the first day of Autumn.

Fall is my favorite of all four seasons and not just because the warm weather fades to be replaced by cold, crisp sweater weather, that holds the promise of another ski season close at hand. Yes, the snow tease is tantalizing and all the "men folk" give us a much needed hiatus by disappearing to that seemingly mythical place- elk camp- but Fall is my favorite for one reason, plain and simple- the colors. The northwest does autumn colors as well as anywhere I have visited and my new Nikon and I have been out on a fall photo safari since the anthocyanin (red), carotene (orange), xanthophyl (yellow), started to overtake the greenness of the chlorophyll in the local vegetation.
Stay tuned for some autumnally awesome, fall-time favorite recipes.
Welcome to your weekend!
-KB

No comments:

Post a Comment